Monday, July 7, 2008

Encouragement

Lately the sovereignty of God has been foremost in my mind. It was the topic of our women's retreat in May and even though I knew God was sovereign, my memory was refreshed anew. I had a sense of needing to have God speak to my heart about some things and He did in such a gentle and tender way... as if He whispered in my ear. Oh how I needed that!

There are many things in life that I can't wrap my mind around, things that aren't fair or right or that just don't make sense. My friend's cancer, another friend's struggling marriage, broken homes, rebellious children, intentionally mean people to name a few. Ultimately I come to the place where I have to recognize that I cannot grasp it and in spite of it all, God is in control. We live in a fallen world where sin and death are daily reminders of how temporary life is. Unless I fix my gaze upon Him and drink in His Word, I would become hopeless... but thanks be to God that while I was yet a sinner Christ died for me. One life that is surrendered to Him can make a huge difference. Are you surrendered to Him today?

No comments: